Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A few more money shots from this weekend...

I hate that I still don't exactly have this blog stuff figured out. I wanted to post all kinds of pics, but once I start loading, I realize that it will only accept 5 at a time. So I actually did the post under this one first, now I am doing this one second. I wish that I knew how to manipulate them and make this post come second, but alas, I don't. So just be sure to read both posts...okay?
So of course, we are down on the field for a while before we actually went to our seats. What we saw...that's another story for another day. And believe me...it's a GOODIE. "Bingo - that was a goodie!" (if you can tell me who coined that phrase - you win a prize!) (not a real prize, but a prize of acknowledgement) Anyhoo, we were standing right there when Ole' Miss' band marched in. I happened to turn around and see a SENIOR CITIZEN in full band regalia marching with them. I believe that my exact quote was, "What the....?" And I was standing beside my preacher. I must honestly say, he was right there with me...WHAT THE CRAP?!?! I mean hello...it's not every day that you see Paw Paw in his band uni. marching. So I was hooked. When they took the stands...I couldn't let it go. This is one of 7 shots I took of him. I have to know more! What should I do, google "Old Man in Ole Miss band?" I will get to the bottom of this mystery, I assure you I will.
What a lovely sight.
This shot was on the Jumbo-Trons before the Tide took the field. The sound was DEAFENING. It really did give me chills hearing the crowd react to them *about* to come out. ROLL TIDE!
For the record, I was as fervent a BAMA fan for the past 7 years as I am now. Nothing has changed. I love em', win, lose, or draw. Draw? Maybe not so much. :) I'm not saying anything about any other team...I'm just saying that I love the Tide!
Nothing more to add to this. It speaks volumes. I'll leave you with the quote that I love so much..."THIS is ALABAMA football!"

4 comments:

Sue said...

BINGO.....from the late Bear!

Amy said...

Good job, Mom! I'm impressed!
ILY,
AGM:)

DaNella Auten said...

lHey one of my Professors is a recent transplant from Ole Miss. (intrestingly, he has been talking about this game all symester, and was suddenly sick before class this week. Intresting) I will ask him if he knows. This is his first symester at Montevallo.

Cassie Fields said...

I am laughing so hard right now, I am sharing the Old Man in tha Band mystery with some of my co-workers and we are totally amazed! You have to post if you can find the answer to who he is?