Tuesday, October 21, 2008

God's Country...

TUSCALOOSA! It's like my brother says...it truly is God's Country.
This past weekend Shawn and I had a day to ourselves. The first in months. Literally.
And how did we choose to spend it? With 2 of our friends at the Bama game!
Here are a few little shots that I wanted to share.
Above is one of the fan shots that they sucker you into buying.
Call me a sucker. I bought it today.

I grow so weary of people complaining about John Parker Wilson. First of all, he holds the records for passing, most yards, completions, etcat Alabama. WHAT THE FREAK ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT? Statistically speaking, he's the best we've had.And he is the quarterback. OUR quarterback.So to quote Doug Heffernan from The King of Queens..."Shutty." Second of all - he is somebody's baby. Maybe it's because I'm a Mama to 3 boys...I really don't want to hear anyone complaining about him. How would his Mama feel? Thirdly - he is pretty much too cute for words. Seriously. Could he be any cuter? Before any of you get worried about my saying that, let me share an epiphany I had this weekend...I am old enough to be his mom. Literally. I just puked a little bit in my mouth realizing how stinking old I am.


Julio Jones...I love you too. I love that you are a phenomenal player. I love that when you score, you toss the ball back to the referee and don't act like you just cured cancer. I love that you act like you've done it all before. I LOVE that you'll do it a million times more before your career at UA is over.

Terrence Cody = Hercules. Surely you all know this story...if not I'll just tell ya.

I love John Parker Wilson.

I love Julio Jones.

I am OBSESSED with Terrence Cody. Seriously. I am. You've all seen "The Nutty Professor," right? Remember the scenes around the table where Eddie Murphy played all the roles except for the fat kid? TERRENCE CODY IS THAT FAT KID. Really. That's him. Remember, "Hercules, Hercules, HERCULES!" Mt. Cody is Hercules! This is a pic I took during warm ups, when they were doing the PA announcements of the starting lineups. We were ca-RACKING up when we watched him. He was getting all pumped up waiting for them to call his name. He was bouncing up and down, pumping his fists down by his side...it was priceless. I stinking love him. I want to adopt him.

Hercules, Hercules, HERCULES!

6 comments:

jeremynsonya64 said...

Amy, Shawn's dimples are huges in that picture! You look great as always! Glad you guys had fun. We have gotta meet at mom to draw names chicka! Tell my brother hello for me! LOL I never see y'all! Love you all! BTW, the pics of the boys are amazing!

jeremynsonya64 said...

Crap I need to spell check before I hit enter er, publish. LOL I caught it though, Shawn's dimples are HUGE~!

Cassie Fields said...

You are too funny, girl! I think you are right though JPW doesn't get enough verbal credit and he is way too cute for words! and I had no idea that Terrance was the Nutty Professor Kid???

Matt said...

I must say that I abhor JPW as QB. The stats are a little slanted b/c we've thrown the ball so much the past couple of years (especially last year). And I don't like Ross anymore... especially since he tried to beat me up at the MSU game last year.

codie lee said...

ok so.. i love the alabama stuff.... you know i am slightly obsessed with Alabama football! :) anyways... I am really trying this whole blog thing. Shelley got me started. I am glad you like my shots! You're so sweet! I would love to get you some of the Gin shots.... those shots were actually developed in a dark room in my photography class but I am working on getting some replicas made that look good. Just let me know what sizes you would want and all that jazz.. I am so glad you like them!! Talk to you soon! RTR!!!

aims said...

Amy! You got some great shots at the game. I love the pic of you and Shawn. Tell him hello for me. I saw your mom’s entry about the festival. Looks like a good time was had by all. Gosh, the boys sure have grown! They just grow too fast, don’t they? Stephen is about my size now. This time next year, he’ll be way taller than I am.
I’m still struggling to learn how blogger works myself. I think I’m going to like it though (once I get used to it). I’m so glad to see you writing! Y’all take care.

Hugs!
Mia