Monday, October 6, 2008

Heredity explains it...


Of all of my mom and dad's 6 grandchildren, only 3 are biological. Keith, Zack, and Breanna are all adopted. (K and Z are my oldest 2 sons, and B is my brother's oldest daughter) All of us are so blessed by these precious gifts, and we are all certain that they were just as much of God's plan for our lives as the 3 biological. I always cringe when people say, "Now which ones are yours?" IDIOTS! All 3 are mine! All 3 are equally mine, equally me + Shawn. There is no difference WHATSOEVER in the love. I do imagine that this concept is hard for people to comprehend...people who haven't experienced it firsthand. It's like people who only have 1 child, they can't imagine loving another child as much as the one they have. Then they have a second one, and the love is just there - and it's the same. That's how it is with my boys. Now, if you know Griffin and Maddie (the first 2 biological grand kids) then you know that they are *delightful* little creatures. They are so alike with their strong wills, their fiery dispositions, and their drama filled personalities. Our favorite photographer Kamin took a TON of pictures for us this weekend. I CAN NOT WAIT to get these back and to share them with all of you. While Kamin was taking some individuals of someone, I spotted Griffin and Cupcake playing with some of Gigi's pumpkins. I told them REPEATEDLY to put them back, alas, they didn't. So I stole this shot. You've gotta love them...rebellion, er, individual expression is part of their DNA...it's in their blood.

5 comments:

Sue said...

They knew it was ok with me if they played with my pumpkins!! You are so right about them all being the same....NO DIFFERENCE in the love. Thanks for saying what I feel. I love you. Mom

DaNella Auten said...

lol Before Tymothie was born PGreg said that Bug and Nana were strong willed. Q said, "No, just fircely independent." After Tym was born Q said, "Now Tym, he is Strong willed!"

Cassie Fields said...

What great admiration I have for families like yours! You are truely blessed, love knows no boundaries and the love your family shares, shows! I enjoy reading your blog even though I don't know you very well? I know your brother a little better but have always heard the most positive things about you and your husband.

Tricia said...

Oh...those two! When I caught a glimspe of you in the hall today, I so wanted to talk to you. Who has time for that though? Your buckets in the workroom are so cute. Glad to see you zip by every once in awhile.

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the comment! My email is ashbear929@aol.com. Your kids are adorable, and I am loving those Halloween buckets! I'm going to have to follow you!