Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Post #3


This is a truly terrible picture of the family tree. In fact, it is horrible. I will try and take a better one tomorrow bc it doesn't do this beautiful tree justice. (does it, Mom?) *BTW, my mom loves this tree* It's a 9.5 ft tree and it is covered with special ornaments. Each year, I get the boys each 1 ornament that deals with them, or something they were into that year. So when they get married, I will be able to give them all of their ornaments. What daughter-in-law won't love that?! And a friend of mine at school shared this wonderful idea...if you think the ornaments won't be "in style" or whatever when they are grown-ups, then their wives can do what Selena does. She has a vintage suitcase that she has in a bedroom at her house, it's opened, and inside she has all of her kids childhood ornaments. HOW AWESOME! So, back to my point...each year I get them each an ornament, plus an ornament for me, and one for Shawn. PLUS a family ornament with all of us, our names, the year, etc. IT IS AWESOME! Then the filler ornaments are all lime green and bright red. The top is a big lime and red plaid bow. And...everything in the living room has to match the color theme...from the new stockings this year to the wrapping paper. EVERYTHING is lime and bright red...better picture to come soon I promise.

1 comment:

Sue said...

This is my FAVORITE and I agree with you...the picture doesn't do it justice. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't make a picture with the lights of my tree either so I can't offer suggestions.