Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Post #6

Finally...my special ornament. My mom made this for me in 1981. The year that my brother, precious, precious Chris was born. This was my special ornament. And I loved it. Every year this would be the first ornament that I put on the tree. I am so glad that my mom never said, "No, this doesn't fit my color scheme...we're not putting it up." NEVER. I always put this one up, and Chris always put up his special ornament (Santa in a train). Well, I married and moved out, and this ornament stayed at mom's. She then put it up for me. I longed for it. I wanted in on my tree. But it stayed on Primrose Lane. UNTIL CHRIS ASKED FOR HIS. Yeah, Prodigal Son wanted his train. He whined and made train noises all the way from Louisiana. He'd call mom up and she'd say, "Hello?" and he'd just say "Choo-Chooooooo" in the saddest voice...she knew what he wanted. *FOR THE RECORD, I AM TOTALLY LYING ABOUT THAT PART. IT JUST SOUNDED FUNNY, SO I THOUGHT I'D THROW IT IN. DIDN'T IT IMPROVE THE STORY?* Anyway, you get the point. Chris wanted his ornament. SO HE GOT IT. So you better believe that I got mine. And on my beautiful tree, with all my special, beautiful boys' ornaments, among the beautiful lime and red fillers...there is my mouse, sleeping on a crescent moon, under a quilt. And I love it as much today as I did 27 years ago when my Mom made it for me.

4 comments:

Sue said...

First of all.....come look hanging on my tree and you'll see your brother's train (still here). However, I'm glad that ornament is special to you....It is to me also! BUT....whenever Chris wants his special ornament I'll be sure to send it to him...PRIORITY MAIL!!LOL

Amy said...

WHAT DID HE GET? He got one...what was it? Now it's really on...did he take one that I was entitled to? Seriously, he got an ornament...what was it? BTW - I laughed OUT LOUD at the "priority mail" comment! :)

Nana said...

That ornament is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. Too funny about Chris… you know you have watch that one – him and Josh and two peas in a pod :)

I just wanted to pop in to say once more that I hope you and your beautiful family have a very Merry Christmas in case I don’t get another chance before Santa’s arrival :) Much love and hugs & kisses beautiful!!

Taz + Belly said...

So... if you'll go to www.shabbyshoppe.com and look at the digital kits you'll see what I was talking about. They also have blog kits that contain blog headers and buttons. If you don't find a blog kit you like, look at the kits and find something you like. I'll help you put together something from that...