Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Post #5



The top pic shows our new stockings, and our new stocking holder. We each have the typical stockings that have the stitched/needlepoint pictures on them with our name monogrammed. (see my mom's blog for examples...they are just like the ones hanging on her banisters) BUT, they just don't fit my theme anymore. So now, we each have our *old* stocking hanging on our bedposts. (CUTE!) I got these awesome LIME numbers from Mrs. Ellen, and she monogrammed 1 initial on each. LOVING IT! And, we're done with hanging them on the mantle. Actually, the mantle is full with lit garland, beautiful red and lime ribbon, and about 75 Santas. I've collected Santas since I was in high school, so I have to have somewhere to put them. They all don't fit on the mantle, but they look pretty darn cute all crowded up there. Hopefully I'll post a pic of them tomorrow night. The bottom picture is to show you my wrapping theme this year. ALL GIFTS must be in this paper, or the paper that you can see beside the dining room tree. It's ALL lime, red, and white. And all the gifts have either lime or white tulle or pretty lime, red, and white ribbons. I LOVE THOSE COLORS!

Okay, that's enough for tonight. I'm tired. Oh, but I almost forgot...one more quick post then it's off to nights. (That's what Griffin says)

2 comments:

Sue said...

I don't know where you got your decorating talents...certainly not from your mama. YOU ARE AWESOME...the house looks great!

Ashley W said...

I love the lime green and red color scheme! Great idea..and your stockings are soo cute!