Monday, September 1, 2008

Fall decorating ~ Before...


It's fall, Y'all! It's time to get to decoratin'. Shawn is in the process of lugging down my thousand tubs of fall crap from the attic. In the meantime, I felt the need to "get my craft on." I used the ole' noodle and looked around at what I had on hand to use. I found my old trusty barley twist pedestal from Southern Living at Home, a Jamestown pedestal and dome, also from SLAH, an old iron candle holder, and some random candlestick. I went to one of my favorite places, Dollar Tree and bought a few little gems, such as moss, a few bags of little gourds, and a few little pumpkins. I went through my ribbon stash and found this precious red and orange check and my trusty black and white. A few minutes, er, half an hour later, and voila! I think it all turned out pretty darn cute, if I must say so myself! It certainly doesn't look like Dollar Tree decorating, but that's exactly what it is. Take THAT, Martha Stewart!!!

4 comments:

Nadia said...

PAAArecious! You know, I've always been confused about when is the appropriate time to start decorating for fall! I saw your moms ADORABLE little flower pots and got so excited about buying my annual haystack and mums! I'll save it for my blog, but this is too cute! :) I LOVE (not LAV) it, Lattie.

Nadia said...

oh and p.s. - i can dust off my barley twist, thanks to you! not sure i have a dome that fits it, though. i'm SO going to dollar tree tomorrow!!

Jamey Lynne said...

These look great - and look, maybe I can leave you a comment after all!!! :)

Nadia said...

so disappointed. i couldn't find the mini pumpkins or any adorable plaid ribbon! so i came home from dollar tree with three small plastic pumpkins. why did i even bother? lol.