Monday, September 22, 2008

seasons



It is dying, but I think it's beautiful. This past weekend I went along with several other gals from church to a Women's Conference. It was GREAT. I got so much, I could never share it all. One thing that really stuck out dealt with seasons. Trees go through 4 seasons, but they only produce fruit in 1. In one season, they are basically dying. They have endure the drying up and withering time for new growth to come. In one season, they are dormant. Nothing is happening. They appear dead. No growth is visible, no beauty. But on the inside...something is taking place. The next season is the budding time. The weather around the tree may be cool and unstable, but new life is soon to take off. Finally comes the season of production. Visible, beautiful fruit appears. Often in abundance. The thing about it is this...all the seasons must be endured to get to the fruit. The tree has to die, it has to be dormant in order to grow. Isn't that like us? Have you ever felt like nothing was happening? Alone? Forgotten? Thank God that it's just your dormant time. It is necessary for the time of beauty and growth to come. And like my hydrangea...even the dying down season provides us with beautiful evidence of God's handiwork. We are so meek. He is so grand. I am so insignificant. He is so phenomenal. I am nothing. He is everything. I am thankful that He has my seasons planned out and all I have to do is simply be.

2 comments:

Jamey Lynne said...

I absolutely love this and the way it applies to the seasons of our lives as well... :) Thanks for sharing!

Kele said...

OMG Amy, you keep me in stitches! You are sooooo funny!
BTW, congrats on the award, as I told your mama, I am not suprised in THE LEAST~just wish you lived in Texas so you could bless my Presley's life!!