Sunday, August 24, 2008

Let me introduce you to my new friend...


I'm still so new at this blog thing. My mom forced me into this addiction, so it's all her fault. :) Actually, I love it. My only regret is that I don't have the time to spend looking at all my new pals' blogs. I am WAY behind in linking to my fave blogs...I promise I'll catch up. Good Grief, I haven't even posted a link to Nadia's blog, my old BFF from school. I'll get there, Lattie...I'll get there.

The whole blogging thing has done wonders for friendships that I already had. I've talked more to Steffi, Ashely P., Tricia , Kevin, Nadia, Ashely B, and others than I have in a long time. That's been great. Another nice plus that I never imagined was that I would form actual relationships with people that I would have otherwise never met. I got into this blog thing figuring that I'd steal some awesome craft ideas and learn some frugal mom tips. I have, plus so much more.

Somehow, I started conversing with a lady out in Texas. She came across my blog about John Mark Stallings. I LOVED a post she wrote about people flippantly using "the r-word" (retarded). She has such a point. (you must go to her blog and read it....it is SUCH A GREAT POST!) We started commenting to each other, and we have developed such a wonderful friendship. Let me tell you about my new pal Kele.

Like me, she is a mom of 3. Like me, her life revolves around ball. I was raised on a high school football field, she is raising her kids on one. Her husband is a HS football coach in Texas. I think pretty highly of Kele, but God really thinks a lot of her. When deciding where to place a special angel, he chose Kele and her husband. 6 months ago, they found out that their newborn daughter Presley has Down Syndrome.

Please visit Kele's blog and read about her family. While you're there, BE SURE to visit Presley's page and check her progress. She just underwent her open heart surgery. We are SO THANKFUL for God's amazing love and provision in their lives. Now, they are ready to take their sweet little butterfly HOME. It's about time, don't you think? She's almost 7 months old! It's time!

Kele has such a way with words. I love her honesty and I admire her courage. She is a friend that I know I will have FOR LIFE. She is what motherhood is all about. I haven't met her husband, but I think pretty highly of him too. (Read her post "the wink" and I believe that you'll agree with me) My mind is FULL with ideas of things that I need to blog about, new Martin boy updates, my own personal bucket list (thanks, Kevin) and I have the cutest darn ALABAMA wreath that you all MUST SEE! But tonight, I wanted to blog about my friend Kele. I want all of you to know her, to read her writings, and to check on Presley. PLEASE leave her a comment, tell her that I sent you. Hers is a blog that you will visit often. My mom shared a bible verse with me a while back. Of course, it's one of those verses that I cling to and feel certain that God wrote just for me. "I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by name. "Isaiah 45:3 I look at Kele's life, her life right now, today and the life that God has chosen for her in the future. It is a treasure. Some people might view it as darkness, but Kele knows better. She has riches stored in secret places. They aren't secret to her. To most people, an "imperfect child" is darkness. But not Kele. She is rich, wealthy beyond measure. She has Presley. She was CHOSEN to be Presley's mom. What an honor. What an immeasurable treasure. My life is richer having Kele in it. I've already told Shawn that we are going to HAVE to get out to Texas so I can actually meet her. AND I believe that I have her salivating to come to an Alabama game. (or EXPERIENCE as her husband says) In the meantime, our friendship will continue to grow via our blogs. Who'dve thunk it? http://gilesfamilyof5.blogspot.com/ Go and give her a shout. I don't know how to do these awards that my mom does, I'm not as technologically savvy as she (yet another sign of the apocalypse...God help us all, my mom has mad computer skills) So this post is my award for Kele. This is my gold medal. First awarded to Michael Phelps' mom. Now a gold medal for Kele. May she wear it proudly.
Later, Peeps!

2 comments:

Kele said...

I am speechless! Well, I am NEVER speechless, but I sure am touched beyond words. Amy, I think as highly of you, as you do me. You and your momma are some of my favorite people in this blog world! Funny how we managed to come across one another huh? FATE! Mike and I were actually talking about you just last night. I keep trying to get BAMA tips to throw at you from him?! LOL!
Amy, your a doll! Thank you for your sweet 'Gold Medal' award, coming from you I will certainly wear it with pride!
bigHUGS

Tricia said...

Amy, you did it again. Your writing just touches my heart so much. I am leaving your blog and going to Kele's right now. You are awesome. I love you, Tricia